O.K. I can try this again...I lost my password then figured it out. I have to do this more often to really get the process into this brain of mine! Thanksgiving is coming, Thanksgiving is coming. My family loves it. Just sort of a small cozy sort of family dinner. Hopefully my daughter and son-in-law and granddaughter will be enjoying dinner with us. We all take part in preparing so it never feels like the work it could be. I do turkey prep (w/hubby's help) gravy and mashed potatoes (did them in crockpot last year w/that sour creme and cheeese thing w/hint of garlic etc.), sometimes make cole slaw and of course some veggies, usually corn. To all that we add, homemade whole cranberry sauce my husband makes every year and we like a little turkey w/our cranberry sauce if you know what I mean. Dad is in charge of pies, pumpkin and apple. Madeline took over the apple pies 2 years ago and does great (12 yr. old). The other 2 little ones (7 yr. & 5 yr.) will be Daddy's helpers w/pie and hopefully his bread. I can smell it now.... Every year I want to make it memorable but does not always turn out like I plan. Hope to have everyone write what they are thankful for...we have spoken it, but need to write it and if I were really together, we could take pics of them and scrapbook a little page for each member w/their thoughts....(oh I wish, got that idea from a magazine)
I have to get crafting for my swap partners. Can't wait to do this. Never swapped w/other crafters like this before. I don't have much of a crafting circle at all, so finding all you girls out there has been a blessing, encouragement and an inspiration to me.
Now, if only I could get organized w/anything so I could begin.....(I can relate to Vivian's blog about Adult Add....if I could stick to something and focus, I could go places. Instead of circles my entire life. Time to run another circle.
1 comment:
Hi Carol.. just stopping by to say hi! Im glad youve been visiting me!! I will add you to my places to visit list! I'm excieted about thanksgiving also.. but It is sooo much work.. I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping this mornign to get everything we'll be needing! talk to you soon!
Post a Comment