Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Easter Basket Swap

I am now posting pictures of the Easter Basket Swap hosted by "Bella Enchanted" (bella-enchanted.blogspot.com). This was very fun and my partner was Lolly (lollysnestegg.blogspot.com). She did a great job and her basket was full of surprises...glitter, scrapbook stuff, Easter treasures, a nest w/eggs, some cute tags that she made, a bunny scrubber for dishes/hand towel, some embellishments and more. That was my first basket that I can ever remember even as a kid as my parents changed religions and stopped celebrating the holidays as we know them when I was probably in 1st grade. So it was so fun to do this!!


And then I decided to send her this white basket w/hydrangea trim on the front and included some treats/scrap paper stuff/collage images/white furry & ribbon trims/pink cookie sugar/vintage apron/doily/note cards w/"L" on them etc.... it was as much fun filling a basket for her as it was to receive one!!
I included this Easter Card that I made...It was fun as I figured out how to make an egg and have it open w/another egg inside that had these vintage Easter images on them as a removeable tag. I was in the creating mode and I hope it continues...but I guess I gotta find time again.
Oh, goodness where does time go? Time to visit w/my Honey. (and dream of entering more swaps...yeah that's the ticket..zzzzz)
hugs, Carol

3 comments:

Lolly said...

I love my basket and all the wonderful goodies - they are all being put to good use!! Thanks so much! Aren't swaps fun and addicting??
~Lolly

Melissa said...

Hey Tootie!
It looks like you got some great goodies!
Smiles-
The other Tootie

LisaLaughs said...

Hi Carol! You sure had fun with the Easter basket swap! Loved the card you made - so clever!! And oh what fun you will have with all of your new goodies! My son was on Spring Break this week, so we've been out and about this week. Back to our routines tomorrow, though. Have a lovely day!!
Smiles,
Lisa