Friday, August 1, 2008

A New Adventure

It was a day just like some of the others, except with really pink clouds. The Momma & Papa went for a ride in a borrowed car and came back with a friendly surprise for the kids

Look Kids, (well the ones that were home anyways)...come and see what happened to jump into car in a momentary lapse of all reason and sanity for the parents (especially the momma)
Yes, they could hardly contain themselves
After all the pet experiments, little as they could be, worms, ants (really noticed they needed something to cuddle with as that was too sorry of a thing!) guinea pig, fishies, an outdoor cat, turtle, and 2 short-lived kittens (no, they're not dead, just did not last at our home long)...it was time to give in, and sooner than I planned since the newer neighbor has a poodle that my girls have consistently knocked for, as if she were a human friend to play with. We were going to hold out for Christmas and they were willing to fore go some presents for man's best friend...or a kitty. Then, out of nowhere, said neighbor mentions how badly the girls need a dog (Yes, we have heard that before) and someone was looking to place a little dog of 3 years old for free to the right family. AND, yes that became us. A little Shihtzu already named "Taffy".
Posted by Picasa


So, here is the latest adventure, especially for me...she is for the girls, but we all know who gets the main job of animal caregiver. I guess I musta needed some more things to think about and figure out. In the beginning she did not even know how to act w/a leash and would just sit there but we have made great strides and now she happily takes walks around the block. I know, how did she ever get those green and yellow eyes? Just must be my camera expertise, not everyone can do that ya know, I must really be advancing w/my photography skills!
Yes, you guessed it, she is trying to win my affections
Yes, lots of photos. A moment like this does not happen too often. The looks on their faces just say it all. Oh, in case you click on this last photo and notice the book in the background titled "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and were pondering all about it....we are still at the last 2 words..."poor dad"...poor in cash at times, well maybe many many times, we haven't figured out the other part yet
BUT, rich in family and precious little blessings that never ever fade!
hugs, Carol

4 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! Look how CUTE! I'll bet your girls are SO HAPPY.

Congrats on the new "family member!"

Jillian

Lori said...

awwwwwwwww:) what a sweetie!!! have fun with her!!!

vivian said...

she is adorable! what great parents you are! my father would never let us have a dog.. well not when we were young anyways.. thats a cute little dog.. what is it?
your girls look thrilled!
hugs
vivian

Little Blue Violet said...

O Dear..I have no tips on sharpening decision making skills...im married twice and divorced twice...no sound skills here. Wish I posessed some...let me know if you get any good tips...I'd really like to have a DH and 3 is a magic number (?)
Taffy is adorable. What a great offer. My love of pets leads me to make as sound a decision as I did w/ marriages. *SIGH* Always attracted to that unwanted underdog. As far as Rich Man Poor Man...Ive read them. My friend put it into action and has so much real estate it isnt funny. However he always has someone calling to gripe/report a problem/etc etc..he uses a property management company ( his wife owns it!!) and still headaches. I decided to just stick with the $ headaches I already know . Poor.
smiles
DarLy*~ PS found you thru Lollishops where I am a vendor as well.