Here are some images of the panels that I completed for Karla & Beth's "birds & bonnets" swap. It was fun using the images that we received from them & Vintage Workshop for use in the project. We needed to make 4 panels 5" high & decorate front and back using at least one image from their collection (Vintage Workshop) and send them off to be hole-punched and then off to the many swappers.
It is great to have themes for the swaps as so many times I have no idea where to start crafting and a theme gives me a starting point.
I am trying to post quickly as a storm is coming upon us and I don't want to lose all of this. I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. We had nice family time, however there was an incident w/a close member of the family and I hope that clears up soon. There is no sense is families holding grudges or being unforgiving. There are many out there who have not even talked to each other for years. What is the point of that? You have the family God gave you and families are blessings. They teach us how to love and yes even FORGIVE and be FORGIVEN. How short life is. And how I know that in a blink of an eye any one of us can wake up tomorrow and things could be totally changed. So, remember to love each other. Speaking of loving, I am loving meeting all of my friends out here in this new world (well to me anyways) and meeting new friendly gals in another swap. You can tell when you have met another friend by their kind words and emails.
Have a great night. Hugs, Carol
Have a great night. Hugs, Carol

7 comments:
Carol, your panels are FANtastic!!! so gorgeous, i love the colors and the bird with the flowered bonnet is extra special sweet!!!
ps: i married into a dysfunctional family...i know your pain!!!
Hi Carol,
I am having trouble finding your e-mail on your blog...crazy me! Can you e-mail me at bellablog@shabbycreations.com and we can exchange some e-mails regarding designs and your blog. Thanks,
Michelle
Shabby Creations
www.shabbycreations.blogspot.com
your panels are awesome!!
oxoxo,
jessi
Hi, Carol!! Oh, your panels are so pretty!! I adore the bird in the bonnet - that is too cute!!
Hugs,
Lisa
I received my screen yesterday and one of your pages is in it! I just loved your page! Your work is really so pretty!! Love what you did with the colors! Looking forward to checking out the rest of your blog!
thanks!
Robin
Hi Carol,
Sorry to hear about your family incident...you made some great poitns...life it too short for families to hold grudges.
Thanks for sharing!
Jillian
Hi Carol! Thank you for coming to my blog, and for leaving a comment! Your panels are very pretty. I didn't sign up and now wish I had...oh well. I would love to send you a brown-paper-bag-scrapbook for you to work with! Please email me with your mailing address so I can get one right out to you. Also, you asked how I put them all together? Did you mean how did I make the blank journals? I just sew up about 10 at a time, and send them out as people ask for them. __If you need to know how to make one, with papers and embelishments, you could go to the Flickr group I have (which is my blog list) and see how everyone does it. It's so totally up to you, any papers, any themes, any embellishment...the more of everything the better. And use lots of ribbons to tie it up!
Thanks again for your comment, and I'll be waiting for your address!
*Heidi*
Everyday Cookies
Post a Comment