Speaking of swaps....Ahhhh, the feeling of completion. I finished my project for the "mermaid swap" and not only that, but a week ahead!! We were to make something "mermaid" and I made this wall hanging. Above was my first sketch.This was fun as I added some different techniques that I never tried before. I wanted some shine and sparkle for my mermaid girl. I painted her tail then used a sparkly paint, then cut is apart w/scalloped scissors & glued all the pieces down one at a time. When dry, I coated it w/ "paper glaze".
I also used some beads, shimmer paints, a few rhinestones, crepe paper, and ribbon too. It is good to challenge myself and even better to finish a project!

6 comments:
Darling mermaid creations Carol! Thanks for stopping by. Take care, Martha
Carol, your mermaid wall hanging is SO gorgeous!!!
Wow, Carol, your mermaid hanging is beautiful! Love your sketch, too.
Welcome back to blogville! :0)
Jillian
Your flowers are lovely! Were they from Linda? I know she loves typing cards! Whoever did it, that was so thoughtful.
See you in the morning.
Hi, Carol!! What a pretty mermaid - you are so talented!! I can barely draw a star. lol Her tail is so amazing, and love the starfish yo put into her hand. Well done!! Yes, it is good to finish a project, but I'm like you, in that I only post when there is time and a little extra energy. Hope you are all well and having fun!!
Hugs,
Lisa :o)
hi Carol.. your mermaid hanging came out wonderfully! Whoever your swap partner is will be thrilled! I love doing swaps too. Its so much fun anticipating what will come in the mail and to get sweet packages and envelopes instead of just bills!!
have a great weekend!
hugs
vivian
Post a Comment