Vintage Photos: Copyright Delicate Beauty
I was tagged w/my first award....Oh, I am honored!!From new friend Catie (Catiean & Co.) She was sure a help to me!!! Well I am to tell you 7 weird or random facts about me. Here goes......
- My brain decides to take a vacation here and there, unexpectedly, and I end up saying the wrong word for something. At this point my husband and children have probably decided that I just speak a different language, especially the children.
- I am a messy. I am sad to say it. I am hopeful that one day I can get it even remotely together; however I am telling you this in confidence--Yes, I know who "flylady" is and even purchased one of her timers. I believe it says right on it: "Flylady says....Just 15 minutes". I'm sorry, somewhere along the line I thought you could even break that down to 5 min. here and 5 min. there, in fact...5 min. all over the place when you get right down to it (so that you do a bit of everything and complete nothing) Oh, is that adult ADD when you walk into a room and your brain is scanning everything in sight, at once, without pressing the stop button??? Yep, there is not much absorption in my noggin, it all just bounces around. AND, for any of you gals that are saying "what is a "Flylady?", don't worry about it and get back to your cleaning, you don't want to know.
- None of the clocks in my house have the correct time on them. I know, I know...weird. The theory behind this? Most of them are 5 minutes fast (some not quite) so that I make it on time with 5 minutes to spare, wherever I go.
- I too, like another blogger I read, think cereal is a food group in itself, perfect for those "oh, I was supposed to make dinner again?" nights.
- My third girl was delivered at home, and not by accident. It was a planned home birth w/a midwife and her assistant. Each one living at least 30 min. away, the other further yet. A miracle in itself, as my first was born w/in 4 hours, and my second w/in 1 1/2 hours from first excruciating pain (hospital births)..so I figured w/my third, I might have time to just sneeze her out! But she came w/a slow labor and in time for hubby to come home and midwife too!! Now anyone who was numb for the actual crowning of their lovely child, count your blessings, I cannot describe that one... (yes I had yet another 21 months later, thats another story)
- I really did not think much of computers...until I found all of you artful bloggers. AND I wondered if I would ever craft much again after all these years. But a banner for my first swap stole my crafting heart and a new hope emerged. I completed my first 2 swaps and got my own little bloggy world.
- Many times I buy something new and it stays in it's package for a bit, so it still can stay new....it's like the fun of buying it, and then holding onto it like a gift. Yes, I do open it and use it. I know people who shop just for the thrill of it and don't use what they got. That's not me.
Night Friends, blessings and a safe tomorrow to you
4 comments:
hi carol
thank you so much for sharing so much about yourself. THat is always a fun way to get to know someone.
I think a lot of us creative people are a little add, messy, forgetful,etc.
I do like my house in order and clean but oh my you should see my studio!!! My honey doesnt understand that EVERYTHING has to be dragged out and spilled out to make a small project. You never know what you might not see!!
have a good day
Congrats on your award and thank you so much for visiting me!
I enjoyed reading about you! I am messy too, I think for lots of us it goes hand in hand with creativity! :-)
You are making me laugh with your latest blogetties. (I just made that up). Thank you for stopping by. I am new to blogging and I love to read how everyone else is just as unorganized and forgetful as I am. That is what makes us so charming and creative. (I hope). I know it's hormones too.
Thank you for stopping by and don't feel bad about all the diffferent times on your home clocks. You will always be on time somehwere then....
warm Regards,
Karen Eileen
Carol, isn't this such fun? Several months ago I thought I must be more diciplined- Blogging is a time waster, there are so many more important things I should be doing, but.............I am hooked, just communicating from like minded girls from all corners of `THE WORLD' is an awesome experience.
Hugs From N.Z.
Liz
Post a Comment