Monday, January 21, 2008

"Get yor toys here"

Image copyright "delicate beauty"


Good Morning all!
These little ones remind me of my own. Of course I have four, the older of which I must post about soon too, it is just the youngest two are still at that age of ignorance and bliss!! They are almost 2 years apart yet are asked it they are twins very often. They look abit alike (although as parents, to us they look so individual and different) But they behave with each other in a manner that must be similar to twins. They play and play, defend each other if naughty (as in..."no don't give so & so a spankin or timeout and even have cried if one got in trouble!!). They think of the other if they receive something such as a toy or treat. AND, give hugs and kisses and just have lived in their own little world since babies!!! Everyone says...I cannot wait for school to start, etc...and I say, Oh I hope we have a snow day, or yay a day off. I suppose I would keep them here forever if I could, which means this all must symptoms of my "own disorder".......



OK, here they are, the little rascals. Back to the name of today's title. The little ones wanted to have a yard sale on Saturday. They gathered, on their own, about 7 things, put prices on them (didn't know they were capable) got out little camp chairs and a blanket (it was probably 30 degrees out) and then made their own sign w/a piece of paper glued to foam and were holding it up and it said: "Get yor toys here" LOL!!!

I tried explaining about the weather and winter not being good for yard sales. They would have none of that and replied that Mommy and Aunt Bonnie bought something!! I told them I would buy a toy and then donate that little toy. Then my aunt came by while I was not out there and tried to bargain....she wanted a little bratz doll (ugh!) w/no feet to speak of (you know they have those shoes & feet combo that come off..) that was priced at $5. She asked for $4, stating that it had not feet, and Cassidy (the older and wiser) said "well o.k., you can have it for $4 ......or $5"! OH, the things they do. They wanted to sell more stuff today (a balmy, probably 15 degrees) so I told them to collect some stuff and mommy would see what they have and buy some stuff off of them and donate what I buy so other kids can have toys that may not. So, hopefully this cleaning out project I am trying to do will be catchy!!!

Blessings to you all and have a great and productive day!
Carol

3 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hello Carol! At least your girls are learning early to sell...and it sure can't hurt to have them interested in yard sales at an early age.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I kept checking your page to see if you had posted anything new...and now you have!

Have a great evening. I need to see this basket swap over at the enchanted site...

~ Jillian

Lori said...

Carol, your children are adorable and quite industrious from the sound of it:). love the look of your blog, you really have a lovely collection of vintage images:)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Carol! there's only THREE days left in the giveaway! You are petering out (sp?) on your comment regime. LOL!

Hope all is well in PA. We might get snow flurries today. Where is SPRING????? Oh that's right. It is only january.

~ Jillian